- Entertainment Today
St. Paul School of Music offering 3 summer camps
With summer break in full swing, it’s time for planned family vacations and relaxation.
But if you’re a music lover, Anne Schooley, director of the St. Paul School of Music, invites you to participate in what she calls “musication.”
Starting on June 18, one of three specialized music camps will kick off for beginners and advanced musicians alike. Guitar Camp will be held throughout the week of June 18-22 from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily. “Born to Sing” will start the week of June 25-29 from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., while “Youth Handbell Camp” will be held the week of July 9-12 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
More than 11 million children across the United States attend summer camps each year, she said.
- It’s a girl for Annika Sorenstam It’s a girl for Annika Sorenstam.
- NYC subway art contest proposed to honor Jackson A New York city councilwoman has come up with another way to honor Michael Jackson at the subway station where he shot the music video for “Bad.”
- Country artists try to build their base abroad Dierks Bentley and his band recently jetted to Australia to open six shows for Brooks & Dunn, playing to more than 10,000 people a night in the country's largest cities.
- 'Billy Elliot' wins 10 Tonys; 'Carnage' best play Broadway's Tonys seemed a family affair this year, with an outpouring of generosity from winners to losers despite the domination of the evening by "Billy Eliot," which won 10 awards, and one actor bringing his wife to the stage to stand by him while he accepted his prize.
- Hollywood labor drama likely to fizzle Tuesday The credits are about to roll on a contract drama involving actors in Hollywood's biggest movies and TV shows, a fight that has left them bitterly divided and further behind than they started.
- Commanding the field How many can distinctively conduct the “The Star-Spangled Banner” in ¾ time using the appropriate cut-offs and the upbeat introductions? How many can direct a band marching backward and keeping time to the parade style songs? These are only the tryouts, while in reality the job of field commander entitles much more.
- ‘Every animal deserves a chance’ Isis, the shelter cat, sits perched on a wooden fence near the main door and slowly creeps over to greet guests who come to visit the sanctuary.
Rediscover Marion County for a summer full of fun
Memorial Day Weekend was the cue for families to begin thinking of and even planning those wonderful summer trips that build fond memories and shared stories for years to come.
In just a few weeks, school children will be out for the summer, giving families time to take off work and take off for all points north, south, east and west.
Listen to the music playing in your head
Summer is the perfect time for outdoor concerts. And North Central West Virginia is conveniently located amid the many venues that offer music ranging from country to pop to rock and more.
The following is a list of concerts scheduled throughout the summer in the area.
- More Entertainment Today Headlines
- St. Paul School of Music offering 3 summer camps