The Times West Virginian

June 12, 2013

Overheated boiler leads to Adams Street fire that is quickly contained

By Jonathan Williams
Times West Virginian

FAIRMONT — The Fairmont Fire Department responded to reports of smoke on Adams Street Tuesday afternoon, preventing a small fire from becoming a big problem.

The fire was reported on the 300 block of Adams Street at 4:31 p.m. Tuesday. Workers at Christopher M. Wilson Law Office reportedly called 911 after smelling smoke, said Fairmont Fire Chief Jim Emerick.

After blocking off Adams Street, firefighters started looking for the source of the smoke.

Full story