By Emily Gallagher
Times West Virginian
White Hall residents need to ignore bills from Valley Volunteer Fire Department.
Because of an error, a donation request fire fee bill was mailed to residents in the town of White Hall. Residents of White Hall should disregard the bill.
“What happened is we accidentally billed the town of White Hall when White Hall does (its) own billing,” Frank Loughery of Valley Volunteer Fire Department said. “We apologize for the mistake.”
Loughery said the bill was for a fire locator fee. He said the department should have mailed the bills only to residents living outside of the town of White Hall.
“What ended up happening was White Hall got included,” Loughery said.
Loughery said they need to get White Hall out of the computer system so something like this doesn’t happen again.