A senior citizen found on the porch of his house and an elderly man overcome by carbon monoxide from a gas-powered generator have been added to Superstorm Sandy’s victims in West Virginia.
Meanwhile, an older woman who was found buried under snow in her driveway has been taken off the victims’ list after a medical examiner determined she died of natural causes.
The state’s new death toll from last month’s storm is now seven instead of six.
Authorities say 86-year-old Harry Whitesell died of carbon-monoxide poisoning while trying to heat his home with a generator, and the state medical examiner concluded that weather exposure complicated 77-year-old Gilbert Winals’ chronic lung and heart disease. They did not identify the woman who died of natural causes.