MORGANTOWN AND POINTS EAST, WEST, NORTH AND SOUTH —
Sometimes we forget that there really is a Mountaineer nation out there and it ranges from sea to shiny seas and there’s nothing like the biggest basketball victory in half a century to bring them out in the open.
No better place for the Mountaineer nation to congregate than on Facebook, where they spent the wee hours of Sunday morning and most of the day sharing their feelings … and today we share them with you so that you can maybe understand just how personal this thing called being a fan of a school and its teams really is:
• Sarah Kapis, the former Channel 12 morning news anchor enjoying a vacation in Las Vegas: Thank you Mountaineers for winning yesterday. It totally justified me standing up in front a huge crowd of men (who had money on Kentucky) and chanting LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS! Lovin' it!
• Sunshine Wiles, another displaced local TV news person now in Erie, Pa.: At 2:38 a.m. the sirens are sounding loud and clear in Morgantown. And, I've considered setting the couch in this hotel room on fire. We love you Mountaineers.
• Emily Hale, a transplanted West Virginian living in Northern Kentucky: Oh man was it nice being one of three WVU fans in a UK sports bar....couldn’t have asked for anything more!
• Chris Coffman, a local Morgantown restaurateur: THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHARLESTON WV HAS ISSUED A FLOOD WARNING FOR KY!! FORECASTERS ARE PREDICTING HIGH WATER LEVELS TO EXCEED ANYTHING IN RECORDED HISTORY!!! THE WARNING IS IN EFFECT ALL WEEKEND, AS THE WATER LEVELS SHOULD RISE TO FLOOD STAGE AT 9 P.M. DUE TO THE TEARS CRIED BY ALL THE KY FANS!!! GO MOUNTAINEERS!!! FINAL FOUR BABY!!!!!! Can Wildcats SWIM? LOL.
• Ryan Boring, a Preston County transplant to Fighting Irish territory in South Bend, Ind., observed: Kentucky had the lottery picks, West Virginia had Mazzulla.