COMING UP SHORT: East Fairmont’s football team was poised to make a statement against No. 5 Bridgeport Friday. Drew Jenkins just punched in from 2 yards out to knot the game at 14-all with just over 30 seconds left on the clock. The game was headed to overtime, and the referee signaled that the Indians would be on offense first. Only moments later the officials, who had already has a few calls disputed by East, said Bridgeport was on defense and hurried the Bee offense onto the field. And that’s where things fell apart. East fumbled on the first play of overtime, giving the ball to the Indians. Bridgeport took four plays to reach the end zone on a Wes Tonkery 9-yard run to stay undefeated with a 20-14 win.
Nellie Grace Spragg, 78, of Hundred, WV died Thursday, June 10, 2021 at her residence. She was born October 9, 1942 at Hundred, a daughter of the late James Herbert Strope and Iva Haines Strope. Nellie worked many years ago at Oneacre Drug Store and the Bank of Hundred. She loved her animals…
- WVU Hall of Famer Don Vincent passes away
- He's one of only two Mountaineers to rush for 1,000 yards in the NFL
- School board votes to hire Donna Hage as superintendent
- HERTZEL: A columnist can dream, right?
- Divided school board votes to hire Donna Hage as next school superintendent
- All-WVU offensive team of West Virginia natives
- West Fairmont Panthers hope to revive youth football scene
- Friends mourn the death of Steve Austin, former pastor and author
- Polar Bears lacrosse snags postseason win over University Hawks
- AI comes to West Virginia with DataRobot, WVU partnership