As I wrote about the coronavirus and its impact on us in last week’s column, I pointed out how it has led to some positive cultural trends. In addition to spending more time with family, many of us initially had more time to clean out the garage, reorganize the closet, complete the long-anti… Read more
Some people may not remember but for a few years I was the director of the mission here in Marion County and before that I ran the mission in Clarksburg. Those 10 years, cumulative, taught me a few things I would like to share with you about folks we call “homeless”. Read more
As a member of the Sheriff’s Advisory Committee for several years, and being made an honorary deputy, I was asked to provide comments for the annual law enforcement appreciation dinner. Currently, with all the ugly and erroneous current accusations hurled against this much-needed and underap… Read more
- Suspended WVU players let many folks down
- Michael's big day leads Polar Bears to comeback win over rival North Marion
- Mountaineer Stadium memories: 'The Catch'
- Marion County man dies from COVID-19 as state deaths increase to 265
- WVU freshmen turned some heads last Saturday, but will it last?
- Mannington residents raising funds to help city buy a K9 officer
- Huskies end 20-year drought, defeat Polar Bears at Field Club
- Governor warns of shutting businesses down as COVID-19 numbers spike
- Fairmont woman one of 17 people charged in heroin and crack ring
- Marion County Sheriff's Office searching for three new deputies