FAIRMONT — It was love at first sight last weekend for 78-year-old Robert “Bob” Plutro, of Fairmont, because it was the first time he got to meet his very first great-grandchild. Louella Grace Plutro, at the tender age of 16 months, also stole the heart of her grandfather, Michael Plutro, 53, of Carsonville, Virginia, last weekend. The Plutro family posed for the photo amid the celebration of Bob’s birthday and, as a surprise, every family member had matching shirts adorned with a “Bobism” — favorite Bob quotes — written on them. Pictured from left are, Louella Grace’s dad Joe Plutro, 29, of Raleigh, North Carolina, Joe’s grandfather Bob Plutro who is holding Louella Grace, and Joe’s father Michael Plutro.
Robert Henry Nissley Sr., 86, of Fairmont passed away on Monday, October 26, 2020, at his residence. He was born in Lancaster, PA a son of the late Charles Quincy Nissley and Hildegarde Nikolaus Nissley. Robert is survived by his loving wife, Brenda Sue Fluharty Nissley; daughter, Sylvia Ter…
Janice Gail Hamrick Fisher, 85, of Fairmont passed away on Monday, October 26, 2020, at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown. She was born in Fairmont on November 14, 1934, a daughter of the late Homer and Sophia Hamrick. Janice is survived by a daughter, Tracie Volek and her husband Richard…
- Diagnosed at age 29, she's now cancer-free
- Toothman and Sowers buys former Astro Buick, expands
- Eight West Virginians arrested today in drug sweep
- Huggins gushes over how the team is coming together
- Marion County residents share their thoughts as Election 2020 nears
- Polar Bears outlast Bees in dramatic 4-3 win to reclaim sectional title
- Airport expansion could be 'One of the biggest things to happen to North Central West Virginia'
- Substitute Texas Tech QB raises concerns for WVU defense Saturday in Lubbock
- Early Voting sees record turnout on first day
- Pandemic forces Humane Society to modify adoption process