Over the past weeks, as I’ve read articles and watched news reports of all the events surrounding the horrible deaths of George Floyd, Elijah McClain, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, I’ve been awakened to a reality that should have been obvious to me; but wasn’t.
Wednesday, June 03, 2020
Since the Times West Virginian transitioned to publishing a hard copy print edition only on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, we’ve received plenty of feedback and questions.
Tuesday, June 02, 2020
George Floyd’s death at the hands — or rather the knee — of Minneapolis police office Derek Chauvin has sparked protests nationwide, including some looting and destruction of property in my hometown of Dallas. I do not condone senseless violence, but I understand some of the rage and frustra…
Sunday, May 24, 2020
War at its best has birthed and protected our American freedom. War at its worst has separated loved ones and often taken the lives of those serving. America annually sets aside the last Monday in May as a time of remembrance, memorial, and gratitude for these patriots who unselfishly gave t…
Friday, May 15, 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
With the new Stay at Home Order from West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, many businesses are being required to temporarily close and more people are going to be staying home.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Friday, March 13, 2020
Sunday, May 12, 2019
- Eight West Virginians arrested today in drug sweep
- Marion County residents share their thoughts as Election 2020 nears
- Missing Fairmont teen found in Harper's Ferry
- Airport expansion could be 'One of the biggest things to happen to North Central West Virginia'
- Pandemic forces Humane Society to modify adoption process
- Lady Polar Bears stun Oak Glen 2-1 on Cinalli's golden goal get back to states
- After 124 years running the roads, W.S. Thomas Transfer continues to grow
- Abandoned homes, rent assistance, more take up city council agenda
- Socially-distanced trick-or-treat event set for Morris Park
- Marion County areas getting enhanced power lines to slash outage time