1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
1. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering this contest, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all contest rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the contest. Participation in this contest constitutes participant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., The Times West Virginian, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents (collectively, the "Sponsor"), which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the contest and/or the receipt or use of the prize awarded in connection with the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, participant fully and unconditionally releases all claims for consideration, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of participant's entry, name or likeness.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This contest is open to legal permanent residents of the U.S. and District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older, excluding residents of the State of Rhode Island. Proof of age and identity must be furnished upon request. Employees, agents, independent contractors and affiliates of Sponsor and immediate family members of all such persons, are not eligible to participate in this contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend or amend this contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. Sponsor further reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third-party. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any material associated with the contest.
1. TO ENTER. This Contest will run between 12:01 a.m. EST on Oct. 25, 2015 until 11:59 pm EST on Nov. 20 2015 (“Contest Period”).
A. Newspaper: Game boards will be published in The Times West Virginian newspaper at least three (3) times during the Contest Period. Game pieces will appear in participating retailers’ advertisements published in The Register-Herald’s newspaper during the Contest Period. Game pieces may not appear in each daily newspaper publication.
B. Pick-Up: During the Contest Period, game boards and game pieces may be picked up at The Times West Virginian at 300 Quincy St., Fairmont, WV 25555 or at the location of participating retailers, while supplies last. With respect to game pieces picked up at Times West Virginian, only a total of four (4) game pieces per participant, per visit will be available (while supplies last). With respect to game pieces picked up at the location of a participating retailer, the retailer shall only have the game piece which relates to its establishment (while supplies last).
C. Mail-in Request: To request a game board via postal mail, participants must mail a legibly handwritten, self-addressed stamped envelope to: Times West Virginian, attention: Christmas Cash Contest Game Board Request, at 300 Quincy St., Fairmont, WV 25555. To request game pieces via postal mail, participants must mail a legibly handwritten, self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Times West Virginian, attention: Christmas Cash Contest Game Pieces Request, at 300 Quincy St., Fairmont, WV 25555. Participants will receive a total of four (4) game pieces in the mail with each request. There are no limits on the number of requests. DO NOT SEND ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Each request must be mailed in a separate stamped envelope and must be received by Sponsor during the Contest Period. The return address on the outer envelope must match the participant's address on the self-addressed stamped envelope inside. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not mailed in separate envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored.
1. TO WIN. One (1) Eligible Entry will be chosen randomly for the Grand Prize at a drawing at approximately 10:00 a.m. EST on Nov. 25, 2015 (“Drawing Date”). Also on the Drawing Date, one (1) Eligible Entry will be chosen randomly for the Second Place Prize and one (1) Eligible Entry will be chosen randomly for the Third Place Prize.
1. PRIZE. The winning Eligible Entries will receive the following: (a) the Grand Prize winner will receive Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00); (b) the Second Place Prize winner will receive One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00); and (c) the Third Place Prize winner will receive One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). The total fair market value of all prizes awarded in the Contest is Seven Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($750.00). No Prize may be transferred or substituted by a participant. Sponsor reserves the right to change any actual prize at any time during the contest. In this event, every effort will be made to provide a prize of like estimated value. Sponsor does not warrant or make any representations in connection with the prize, express or implied. All costs, expenses and taxes not specified in the above prize descriptions, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
1. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNER. Sponsor will announce the winners on Dec. 6, 2015. Sponsor will contact the winning participants by phone or by email by the information provided on the Eligible Entry and the winners’ name will also be published in The Times West Virginian. The identity of the winners may be requested by printing your name, address, phone number, contest name and the words "Request for winner’s name – The Christmas Cash Contest on a 3" x 5" card, inserting the card into an envelope and mailing it to: The Times West Virginian, attention: Vacation Cash Contest, 300 Quincy St., Fairmont, WV 25555. The winning participants must accept his/her prize by signing and returning the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a copy of these Official Rules no later than ten (10) days after receipt. No Prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by Sponsor. The winning participant is responsible for any taxes associated with the award of the prize. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted, a second name will be drawn from a random drawing as set forth above and will be named the winner and he/she will be contacted as set forth above.
1. ODDS: The odds of winning the drawing will depend upon the number of entries received.
1. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored and promoted by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. located at 445 Dexter Ave., Montgomery, Alabama, 36014 and The Times West Virginian located at 300 Quincy St., Fairmont, WV 25555.
1. MISCELLANEOUS. Everything for this contest is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Fairmont, West Virginia, in all disputes arising out of or related to these rules or this contest. This contest is governed and construed under the laws of the State of West Virginia, excluding its conflict of laws principles.