PITTSBURGH — Mike Tomlin understands change is inevitable, though the longtime Pittsburgh Steelers head coach also knows his organization has avoided it more than most.
2020 Sports Year in Review
- State basketball playoffs postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus
- Remainder of basketball season canceled along with all spring sports
- Fairmont Senior rolls past East Fairmont 41-14 to win 100th East-West game
- Back to back: Lady Polar Bears overcome the odds to repeat as Class AA state champions
- Fairmont Senior battles back from early adversity to repeat as state champs with 3-2 victory
- Polar Bears’ Frazier, Bees’ Boyers earn record state title victories
- MEC suspends all athletic competition indefinitely due to COVID-19
- Lady Polar Bears stun Oak Glen 2-1 on Cinalli's golden goal get back to states
- Despite state tournament defeat, Huskies 2020 golf season one for the books
- Back on top: Fairmont Senior avenges semifinal loss to Bluefield, declared Class AA state champions
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Saturday, January 09, 2021
PITTSBURGH — The Cleveland Browns waited nearly two decades to return to the playoffs. To extend their breakthrough season, they’ll have to do it without their unflappable first-year coach in a place where the franchise’s shortcomings are put into stark relief:
Friday, January 08, 2021
Wednesday, January 06, 2021
Saturday, January 02, 2021
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Tuesday, December 29, 2020
Saturday, December 26, 2020
PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t want to talk about the end, whenever it might come. There’s too much to worry about in the present for the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback to look too far down the road.
Thursday, December 24, 2020
PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger, the father of three young children, used a very father of three young children word to describe why he’s come under such heavy criticism during the Pittsburgh Steelers’ three-game losing streak.
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Saturday, August 01, 2020
PITTSBURGH — Randy Fichtner has seen many rookie receivers excel with the Steelers over the years. He’s been an assistant coach on Mike Tomlin’s staff since 2007 and has witnessed the development of some of the game’s top playmakers at the position.
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
The Steelers’ schedule was released on Thursday and by midday Friday many local pundits and observers had predicted them to be a 10- or 11-win team. The theory is that the Steelers won eight games last season without Ben Roethlisberger, and now that he is back, it has to be worth at least tw…
Saturday, March 28, 2020
MORGANTOWN – I was meandering about the Times West Virginian office when I first heard the news the NBA had suspended its season. It was just a couple weeks ago, but it feels much longer than that.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Monday, December 02, 2019
PITTSBURGH — James Washington knew what was coming. It’s why the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver didn’t hesitate when he saw the Cleveland Browns jump offside early in the second quarter on Sunday.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The chaotic ending will live on in infamy. The carnage that came before it, however, could have just as significant an impact on the Pittsburgh Steelers’ season.
Tuesday, November 05, 2019
PITTSBURGH — The franchise quarterback hasn’t taken a snap since the middle of Week 2 and has essentially become the highest-paid assistant coach in the NFL. The guy tasked with taking over left his third career start after getting knocked unconscious. The running game is a bit of a mess. Th…
Monday, October 28, 2019
Monday, October 21, 2019
PITTSBURGH — Mason Rudolph faintly remembers walking off the field in a daze. Everything else leading up to the hit the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback took from Baltimore’s Earl Thomas on Oct. 6 that left Rudolph unconscious, his brain opted to delete.
Tuesday, October 08, 2019
PITTSBURGH — Mason Rudolph ambled through the Pittsburgh Steelers locker room on Monday, a welcome sight less than 24 hours removed from a harrowing collision with Baltimore safety Earl Thomas that left the second-year quarterback lying unconscious on the Heinz Field turf.
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Monday, September 23, 2019
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Jimmy Garoppolo threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Dante Pettis with 1:15 remaining and the San Francisco 49ers overcame five turnovers to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 24-20 on Sunday for their first 3-0 start in 21 years.
- Russell Yann, owner of Yann's Hotdog Stand, passes away
- Marion County's Nick Saban earned legendary status Monday night
- Two more Marion County residents die from COVID-19
- State leaders call for investigation and disbarment of Attorney General Patrick Morrisey
- Tshiebwe's departure proves failures of NCAA transfer portal
- COVID-19 takes its toll on local health care workers
- WVU QB Kendall reflects on Liberty Bowl success
- Longstreth joins the Marion County Commission as officials try to step up vaccinations
- Clarksburg native and wife establish scholarship at Fairmont State
- State Board of Education votes to have grades Pre-K through 8 return to in-person classes
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.