Andrew Masich, President and CEO of Senator John Heinz History Center, talks about the spot where the Corps of Discovery began its journey, which is just over his left shoulder on the banks of the Allegheny River in downtown Pittsburgh, during an interview Aug. 19, 2020.
As featured on
In a nondescript, unnamed, grass-and-dirt parklet, near Pittsburgh's David L. Lawrence Convention Center, a blue-and-yellow Pennsylvania historical marker identifies a spot where the greatest westward exploration in United States history started, 217 years ago.
- Mountaineer Stadium memories: 'The Catch'
- Before he walked on at WVU, Jack Crow sneaked in to Mountaineer Field
- Suspended WVU players let many folks down
- Armed with its new nonprofit status, Main Street Rivesville launches first initiative
- Fairmont woman one of 17 people charged in heroin and crack ring
- Fairmont veteran was much more than a serial murder victim
- WVU freshmen turned some heads last Saturday, but will it last?
- Mannington residents raising funds to help city buy a K9 officer
- Huskies end 20-year drought, defeat Polar Bears at Field Club
- After 1 week is it fair to Jarret Doege is the real deal?