MORGANTOWN — You have to love Jordan McCabe.
MORGANTOWN — The first half of Saturday’s 65-43 victory over Kansas State for West Virginia at the Coliseum offered nothing that would convince anyone that the Mountaineers were a Top Ten basketball team.
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The West Virginia University women’s basketball team bounced back with a 72-68 win over Kansas to earn the series sweep, at Allen Fieldhouse, on Saturday afternoon in Lawrence, Kansas.
FAIRMONT — Throughout the entirety of the respective collegiate careers of Fairmont State basketball’s six seniors, excellence has been held as the standard and dominance has been promoted as the goal. And on Saturday, with those six seniors being recognized as part of Senior Day against vis…
FAIRMONT — Fairmont State’s roller coaster regular season ended with a mauling and a milestone on Saturday’s Senior Day against visiting Frostburg State, as the Falcons collectively bludgeoned the Bobcats 97-53 and senior star Sierra Kotchman dropped 26 points to the become the all-time lead…
MORGANTOWN — On the surface, it doesn't seem all that tough, this skill that is shooting a basketball.
MORGANTOWN — There’s a promo running these days during West Virginia basketball games in which coach Bob Huggins says something to the effect that the state’s greatest asset isn’t coal, as most people say, but that it is, instead, its people.
RACHEL — The North Marion boy’s 2019-20 season was one of the best in program history, however, the worst part about it was the piling up of victories never definitively stopped, nor did the joys of playing with one another ever reach a hard-and-fast conclusion.
Gregory Polanco doesn’t linger over his long-term future. There’s too much to focus on in the present, namely kick-starting a career that’s been stuck in neutral for more than two years.
FAIRMONT — Just when Fairmont Senior High had revved up to its peak form last March, the state’s entire basketball landscape shut down for the 2019-20 season.
- The genie is out of the bottle
- Home is where the heart is: Huggins' love, appreciation for West Virginia guides Mountaineers
- First Semester Honor Roll
- Marion County Technical Center offers real-world experience in the classroom
- Bees' young, overhauled roster ready to hit the basketball court
- Hertzel: Culver is best rebounder in WVU history
- Fairmont State golf teams "flock" yards to raise funds
- Fairmont State alum's company donates $50,000 to scholarship program
- Fairmont Senior wrestling stockpiled with talent, ready to vie for title this season
- Vaccination clinic targets Black community