Oneil Cruz insists he's a shortstop. One problem: genetics.
MORGANTOWN — The progression through WVU football coach Neal Brown’s first two years was very much as you might expect it to be.
MORGANTOWN — Redshirt freshman Jalen Bridges set seasons highs with 22 points and 12 rebounds to lead No. 6 West Virginia to a 76-67 victory over TCU on Thursday night.
PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger is returning for an 18th season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and is taking a pay cut to do it.
Class AAA No. 10 East Fairmont started its season with a big-time road victory on Wednesday, as the Bees defeated sectional and Big 10 Conference foe Grafton 60-34.
FAIRMONT — In her first public appearance on the hardwood since moving to town, Fairmont’s new mayor made quite the impression on her Polar Bear constituents as she led Class AAA No. 1 Fairmont Senior to a thorough 86-59 debut victory over Class 4A No. 10 Bridgeport at the FSHS Armory.
FAIRMONT — Finally, after nearly a full year since the last high school basketball game was played in West Virginia, players and teams return to the court Wednesday, as the girls' basketball season tipped off. In what is already a weird season, and one that will conclude May 1st with champio…
BRIDGEPORT — Fairmont State guards Dale Bonner and Isaiah Sanders have earned first team All-Mountain East Conference honors for the 2021 season, the league announced on Wednesday when unveiling its men’s basketball award winners and all-conference teams.
Steven Brault can exhale — sort of. For the first time in his major league career, the relentlessly upbeat Pittsburgh Pirates lefty is not spending spring training freaking out over whether he’ll have a job at the end of the month.
MORGANTOWN — They have become college basketball’s Kardiac Kids, this West Virginia basketball team.
- The genie is out of the bottle
- Maier lights it up in FSHS debut to power Polar Bears past Bridgeport 86-59
- Marion County icon Janice Cosco passes away at age 85
- UPDATE: Bill presented Monday to re-merge Fairmont State and Pierpont Community and Technical College
- Home is where the heart is: Huggins' love, appreciation for West Virginia guides Mountaineers
- Three tough games for WVU as season comes to a close
- West Virginians are begging Gov. Jim Justice for economic aid. He’s sitting on $665 million that could help
- Hertzel: Fairmont's Jalen Bridges is a Mountaineer unsung hero
- MVA and Marion County team up to get shots in the arms of the community
- Class AAA No. 1 Fairmont Senior locked and loaded for championship quest