Vote for the best performance of the week in Marion County high school sports. Voting ends Monday, Nov. 30, at 7 p.m.
BLUEFIELD — Perhaps the gleam of a trophy will never resonate from it, or maybe an asterisk alongside it will never officially certify it, but Fairmont Senior’s 21-19 victory against Bluefield on the road Saturday night will forever live on within the program as a triumph equal to a title an…
MORGANTOWN — West Virginia University may have come home with the trophy presented to the champion of the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, after beating Western Kentucky, 70-64, in the final on Friday, but they certainly came home knowing that despite a No. 15 n…
NEW YORK — The Baltimore Ravens’ bout with a COVID-19 outbreak has forced the NFL to postpone the team’s trip to Pittsburgh for a second time.
FAIRMONT — Ever since last season ended in disappointment with a home loss to Bluefield in the state semifinals, this year’s rematch is the moment Fairmont Senior has eyed like a hawk. Now that it is here, it’s a big matchup, with big stakes in a big atmosphere.
FAIRMONT — A former standout wrestler at West Virginia University is the new head wrestling coach at Fairmont State University.
MORGANTOWN — This has certainly a couple of days to remember for the West Virginia University athletic department, capped off on Thanksgiving by Derek Culver and Oscar Tshiebwe leading the men’s basketball team into the finals of the Bad Boys Mower Crossover Classic with a 78-66 victory Virg…
MORGANTOWN — With this Saturday’s Oklahoma game postponed due to COVID-19 until Dec. 12 — the week before the Big 12’s scheduled championship game — it gives us all some more time to take a look at where West Virginia and Oklahoma are and that the fact of the matter is that both are in prett…
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — West Virginia faced South Dakota State in its own backyard at the Bad Boys Mowers Crossover Classic just 50 miles from campus, but with no fans in the building due to COVID-19 restrictions, it felt like a neutral site for both teams.
MORGANTOWN — Former West Virginia University star Jevon Carter has gone from a 3-star recruit who wasn’t really a very good shooter to an NBA player who just signed a three-year, $11.5 million renewal with the Phoenix Suns and he owes it all to his own unrelenting work ethic and a little use…
Ruth G. Hutchinson, 82, of Fairmont, passed away Monday, November 23, 2020. She was born in Fairmont on June 23, 1938, a daughter of the late Norman and Alma Holloway. She was a member of the Welcome Baptist Church choir and church. She enjoyed crochet, music, church, cooking for her family,…
- Phoenix Suns' Jevon Carter's success due to mentoring he received from fellow former WVU Mountaineer James Long
- Fairmont Senior avenges semifinal loss to Bluefield, declared Class AA state champions
- Sherman and Osabuohien were key in win over Western Kentucky
- Fairmont Senior's big fellas brace for a battle against Bluefield
- Fairmont Senior and Bluefield have set themselves apart over four-year rivalry
- Union Mission's warming shelter now open to homeless residents
- Mountaineers down Hilltoppers in sloppy 70-64 win
- Cooking show to add new dimension to Feast of Seven Fishes celebration
- Mountaineers will have no time to waste versus Oklahoma
- Fairmont Senior's Miller signs to continue career in college at Fairmont State