MORGANTOWN — On Tuesday, Derek Jeter’s career reached the heights that so few before him had reached, taking his .310 lifetime batting average carved out 3,465 base hits in 20 years with the New York Yankees into the Baseball Hall of Fame, named on 396 of 397 ballots.
PLEASANT VALLEY — East Fairmont’s tale of two halves in Tuesday’s 58-39 loss to Buckhannon-Upshur was symbolic in where exactly the Lady Bees stand as January winds down.
RACHEL — In a meeting of Class AA titans on Wednesday in Rachel, Robert C. Byrd hit host North Marion like a tsunami in the first quarter and the Huskies could never recover as they suffered a 60-40 defeat for their first loss of the season.
MORGANTOWN — The basketball jersey number 44 was in the news the other day, and undoubtedly you understand why it is the most famous number in West Virginia sports.
FAIRMONT – Whether it comes from a long-range jumpshot, a tough layup at the rim, or a pair of shots at the charity stripe, Fairmont State guard Brooke Kurucz knows how to score the basketball efficiently.
PLEASANT VALLEY - There are approximately 13 minutes on Tuesday night that East Fairmont girls’ basketball likely wishes they could have back.
PREP GIRLS’ BASKETBALL
FAIRMONT — The list of accomplishments read aloud before his match and the number of congratulations received after were at least triple, probably even quadruple or quintuple, the actual amount of time Fairmont Senior senior heavyweight Zach Frazier spent on the mat Tuesday for the Polar Bea…
MORGANTOWN — Now it’s the No. 25 West Virginia women’s team’s turn.
MORGANTOWN — There’s an old idiom that goes “I can’t win for losing” but don’t tell that to Bob Huggins and his West Virginia Mountaineers.
This Week's Circulars
David George Lambert of Centerville, Ohio passed away on Thursday, January 16, 2020 at his residence. He was born June 7, 1938, the son of the late George E. and Eleanor Rodgers Lambert. He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Barbara Davis Lambert, his daughters, Laura and Heidi, and grands…
- Man sentenced for 2018 shooting death
- John Provins announces run for West Virginia Senate
- 9-day trial ends in guilty sentence for Georgia man responsible for Fairmont woman’s death
- High-speed chase ends in arrest
- We demand civility from elected officials
- House committee hears plea to study ‘adult-use cannabis’
- Local United Methodists torn over LGBTQ schism proposal
- Residents call for city council member to resign after racial remarks on social media
- Fairmont city attorney is drafting a censure resolution for Council member David Kennedy
- Polar Bears take East-West showdown